Thursday, May 2, 2013

DOLL WIP~ CRAZY QUILT COAT~


I've been busy making the crazy quilt coat. I was wondering how it would be accomplished. It's not done in the so called traditional way. I was going to do some free motion embroidery but after trying a few practice pieces, I decided to play it safe and try some of the decorative stitches my new sewing machine had to offer...

The coat is lined and ready to embellish...
Crazy Quilt Style Doll Coat by Bethann Scott ~The Stitch Fiddler~ ©2013

I used a wool houndstooth fabric for the lining....

  embellishing the coat...

 The coat is almost finished. The coats are quite a time consuming task.



1 comment:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Lovely job:) I'm still undecided about the free motion embroidery. I've never done it before and the thought of unpicking it all if I don't like it makes me cringe.