Sunday, December 15, 2013

ELF~ CHIMNEY~BETHANN SCOTT~ The Stitch Fiddler

~ELF~  On The Rooftop
Elf Up on the Rooftop by Bethann Scott ©2013
The stockings are painted and he needs shoes. The online doll class instructions give a different way of making the Chimney, which are very good. But I did my own thing. 

The Chimney still needs the "secret ingredient" Kathryn Walmsley gives us to make the top of the Chimney roof look like cement. This is my first doll wire armature. I decided to go with another style of armature than what the class was instructed to do. There's nothing wrong with the online class armature....it's just sometimes I may change up or do something different.

2 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Wow you're getting there. Looks good and I love his stripey legs:)

Sherri Farley said...

He is coming along wonderfully. I like how you "do your own thing."
That just shows your creative side.
It's fun to see the process.
Kudos for using a table saw. I've done that a couple of times, but frankly it scared the bejeesus out of me!