Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

RENAISSANCE WITCH

SHE'S FINISHED!
WITCH ART DOLL By Bethann Scott
  


Renaissance Witch by Bethann Scott
 My journey began with a thought of a Renaissance Witch. I wanted her to be a young pretty witch wearing a Renaissance outfit. I had no idea it would take so long to accomplish. But now that all the hard design work is done, the next one should be easier! 
 I had to make about 2 mock-ups for the vest, the chemise....and even the hat! The bustier vest had to have stays in order to keep it's form...I found this out by trial and error. The original chemise was gathered at the neckline but it was too bulky. These are the little stages that take so long when sewing a new outfit for one of my dolls. 
Whew! Finally done! 
She is wearing a three panel silk skirt, a bustier vest made using black satin, a cotton chemise and bloomers, leather lace-up boots and a black leather hat. I think the hardest thing to accomplish were the boots. The boots aren't perfect but hopefully the next ones will be. 
Now on to the next witch...

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

She's beautiful Bethann:) You've outdone yourself this time.

Chip Butter said...

She IS a beautiful witch! I can very well relate to how long it takes to properly dress a lady, witch or cowgirl!

Shashi Nayagam said...

She is gorgeous

The Stitch Fiddler said...

Thank-you Mary Ann, Mary and Shashi.