Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

VICTORIAN DOLL WIP

Slowly but surely work is being accomplished. I needed to make a few more mock-ups to arrive at the proper bodice. I wanted princess seams and a square neckline. I used dupioni silk.
 I chose tiny white pearls, rose colored seed beads and matching sulky thread to bead the trim.
 I did the same with her silk skirt.
 I made her a pair of stockings and white satin split drawers.
   

7 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I love the fabric and the green colour. Beautiful :)

Shashi Nayagam said...

Love the way the costuming is coming up

Chip Butter said...

Lots of work going on in your doll costume fitting room, but so worth it. The dress is a perfect fit and, oh so, beautiful.

Sherri Farley said...

Beautifully detailed work!

Sherri Farley said...

Beautifully detailed. Top notch!

The Stitch Fiddler said...

Thank-you ladies!

Prairie Patch Quilts said...

You do such wonderful detailed work and that is what makes your dolls so special. Love seeing the process you share with us.