Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Basic Crazy Quilt Block

This is my first attempt at making a 8.5 x 11 inch Basic Crazy Quilt Block. The purpose was for beginners to learn to piece a basic block together and add stitching along the seams using templates. I enjoyed the class that was given by Kathy Shawkl. Her instructions were easy to follow for beginners. I learned many new stitches and basic embroidery methods that I hope to incorporate into my doll's costuming. Below is a few photos to show you what I did in her class.




Periodically the Basic Crazy Quilt Class is offered by Kathy Shawkl (free of charge).
She has a lovely blog "Shawkl Designs" if you would like to visit http://www.shawkl.com/


4 comments:

Chip Butter said...

Wow! Love your block! Your stitches are just lovely. This class looks like something I would enjoy. Thanks for the info.

Shashi Nayagam said...

Oh wow for a first time this is awesome!

Mary Ann said...

You did a fabulous job:)

Mary Ann said...

Okay this is weird. When I look on my blog reading list I see that you are working on a new doll but when I come here I can't see the post. Did you leave it in draft mode?