Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2015

ON SECOND THOUGHT

After much thought, I feel I have made an error in bowing down to current social trends. The trend is for an artist not to make an item that may offend due to historical events that are considered sensitive issues. I will continue to make African American Dolls. The dolls I've made, considered by many to be a mammy style doll, have been enjoyed by those who have purchased them and very well loved.

I've re-read all the wonderful e-mails (feedback) that was sent to me concerning the African American Dolls I've made over the past 7 years. The feedback letters and personal comments brought me great joy.

Though Etsy may ban certain items that have been sold in the past:

I WILL BE MAKING AFRICAN AMERICAN DOLLS IN THE FUTURE WITH GREAT PLEASURE! I HOPE BY THE END OF THE SUMMER TO HAVE SOME MADE! WITH ONE EXCEPTION: THEY WILL BE MADE BASED UPON MY OWN PATTERN IN MY NEW DOLL STYLE AND SOLD HERE ON BLOGGER!

DANIKA AN AFRICAN AMERICAN DOLL
AFRICAN AMERICAN DOLL BY BETHANN SCOTT ©2015

4 comments:

Sherri Farley said...

You go girl!

Chip Butter said...

What you do so well....making dolls to enjoy and to be passed on...a bit of history, I think!

Judi Hunziker said...

Well put and I totally agree with you,♥

The Stitch Fiddler said...

Thank-you for your supportive comments ladies. Yes, I make these dolls to be enjoyed and well loved and hopefully passed on.