Pages

Friday, January 1, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2016





A new year has begun and with the new year comes "New Year Resolutions". Over the years I've pondered in my mind what I would like to change but feel a spoken resolution was like making a "promise to myself". There's nothing wrong with making yourself a promise, but I've always taken the words "I promise" very seriously. To promise to do something was definite, it wasn't a "I will try" but rather "I will do".


Is a resolution a promise, a definite decision to change something?

Resolving to do something takes self determination, perseverance and strength, mental strength to follow through with that earnest decision to solve, to deal with or to settle something in our lives that need a change. And what better time to make a change than the beginning of a new year.

2 comments:

Sherri Farley said...

I've never made many New Year's resolutions, probably for the very reason you mention. To me it's a promise to myself so, I'm rather careful about committing myself to something I might not accomplish! Best wishes for a very happy new year and I look forward to seeing your wonderful creations.

Jan Conwell said...

Happy 2016, and may you discover the steps and assistance within yourself to manifest the changes you envision for your life!