Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

MOTH FAIRY TEXTILE DOLL

My first doll for 2016 was inspired by The Columbia Silkmoth. The work began with a simple idea and I found myself pondering for hours how to go about constructing her outfit. 


MOTH FAIRY DOLL WIP By Bethann Scott © 2016

I wanted to make a whimsical and fun character with a splash of color. As I worked she evolved as did the wings. There's still work to be done before she's finished. Since she's a "Moth Fairy" I should give her insect antanae but I think they look strange. I will have to experiment.

8 comments:

Jan Conwell said...

There she is! I saw this link yesterday, but it wouldn't open. So glad to see her now. I love the deep red next to the white. Show the back too, pretty please?

Sherri Farley said...

She's amazing!

Mary Ann said...

How did you do the wings? Did you paint them?

The Stitch Fiddler said...

The wings are all textile materials, no paint was used. They are needle felted and hand stitched with different threads.

The Stitch Fiddler said...

Okay Jan, I'll show the backside once the wings are attached.

Chip Butter said...

What an amazing creation! I love the colors! Great start for 2016!

Ana Paula Formigoni said...

incredible doll the wings are amazing

The Stitch Fiddler said...

Thank-you everyone for the kind comments