Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2016

DOLL HEAD REDO


Have you ever finished a doll and for some reason you weren't completely satisfied with the end result? This is exactly what I experienced with the Moth Fairy doll I made last month. I loved everything about the doll but I didn't love the face. I made the decision to remove her head and give her another. So here she is with her new head and a more realistic face. 

Moth Fairy by Bethann Scott ©2016



Moth Fairy Art Doll by Bethann Scott ©2016

4 comments:

Sherri Farley said...

She's gorgeous Bethann! I thought she was beautiful before too, but I totally understand that sometimes as doll makers we are not satisfied. I've had a number of re-dos myself!

Jan Conwell said...

I don't have anything original to add to what Sherri said--I thought your doll was beautiful before, but having done the Do-Over myself enough times, I completely get it.

Chip Butter said...

She really is beautiful, Bethann. I am my own worst critic and spend a lot of time on trying to fix what I am not pleased with. And, that's not only with dolls....

The Stitch Fiddler said...

Thank-you Sherri, Jan and Mary. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that's done a re-do.