Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2016

LEARNING TO SKETCH

Recently I've had the desire to learn how to sketch. I've always enjoyed drawing when I was a child, but never pursued my interest in art. I found my husbands sketch pad and began sketching facial features thinking this would enable me to draw better faces on my dolls. Then I tried my hand at sketching my first animals, the kitten and cat. Please remember I am a beginner at this.

I though I would try sketching facial features first.
Learning to sketch facial features by Bethann Scott 2016


I have much to learn. It will take practice, practice, practice.


 I'm using You Tube Tutorials to help me learn. This is my first kitten drawing.
My first Kitten Sketch by Bethann Scott 2016


After the kitten I was on a roll and sketched a cat with the help of another You Tube Tutorial. I'm having such a great time that it's hard to stop.
Cat pencil drawing by Bethann Scott 2016




4 comments:

Sherri Farley said...

This is why your dollies are so stunningly beautiful!! I struggle when I draw a circle, let alone a face of animal!!

Chip Butter said...

These are good, Bethann! Keep sketching!!

Jan Conwell said...

Well done! Your increasing skills here will help you see your dolls differently--I look forward to more of your discoveries!

Shashi Nayagam said...

They are all brilliant. You are so talented