Thursday, May 15, 2014

THE TRAVELLER DOLL #2 ~ANYA AND BABA~ BETHANN SCOTT~ THE STITCH FIDDLER

Bethann Scott ©2014

Bethann Scott ©2014


ANYA AND BABA Doll #2
THE TRAVELER  by Bethann Scott ©2014



 I made Anya her hat and needle felted wool yarn in whimsy circles. It's different from the class pattern. I also made Baba a different style hat. I decided to go with my own baby's design. I may try Angela's for the other doll I need to finish. The class seems to be doing well with the baby.

Bethann Scott ©2014
 


 I swept Anya's hair to a side pony tail and added braided decorative yarn. Angela also showed the class how to make a necklace. For her necklace I chose glass beads. I also added the cuffs to her coat. I think I'm about finished.
 Here's the back view...I didn't add the beads to her coat. I'm not sure if I will or not.
Bethann Scott ©2014





6 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

I like the hat you made. I think it suits her. I didn't do any beading in the end as sometimes it adds and sometimes it doesn't. I also made my staff out of a branch from my trumpet vine. I figured it was more in keeping with a traveler. I love her whole look:)

Sherri Farley said...

I like a lady that does her own thing!! Very striking pair.

Hindustanka said...

She is pretty! I like he rlook overall, her clothing, and a cap.
The baby needs a separate presentaion too :)You created a beautiful doll!

Jo Ferguson said...

Simply stunning. The baby's expression is adorable.

Rhissanna said...

I love the rich colours and the textures in this, it shows the dedication and creativity and delight there much be in making a doll like this. What a wonderful pair they make.

The Stitch Fiddler Bethann Scott said...

Thank-you very much ladies! It is such a delight to read all your comments.