Thursday, October 4, 2018

PUMPKIN MAN ART DOLL WIP

With summer coming to an end I'm back in the Stitch Fiddler Studio working on a Pumpkin Man. The summer months are filled with gardening, planting, cycling and just enjoying nature.


 I made a wire armature, covered with yarn and started adding bits of batting to build up his body. I would say that most of the time goes into building up the doll's body. 

                                                                               The Fun is adding the color and bringing the art doll to life.                                                               
Pumpkin Man Art Doll WIP by Bethann Scott






Pumpkin Textile Figure WIP by Bethann Scott "The Stitch Fiddler"

7 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Love his face.

Connie said...

Your dolls are out of this world amazing. I love visiting here and seeing your delightful talent. You add enchantment to the world through these detailed creations of yours.
On the comment you left on my blog you mentioned all my many garden chores . . . I call them my gym membership. They keep me going and in shape from Spring to Fall. Now, the winter months I have a problem . . . too many sweets and not enough exercise, LOL.
There's wishing you a wonderful weekend.
Connie :)

Hill Top Post said...

Pumpkin Man is coming along quite nicely. I am sure he will be making the scene just in time for all the Fall activities. Your summers sound so much like mine, except for the cycling. I just hike. Now, I am already sewing up some new little people to while winter days over.

The Stitch Fiddler Bethann Scott said...

Thank-you Mary Ann

The Stitch Fiddler Bethann Scott said...

Thank-you Connie. Yes, the summer chores do keep us going don't they. When winter comes, it's time to snuggle down and joy the indoors!

The Stitch Fiddler Bethann Scott said...

Oh thanks Mary (Chip Butter), Yes you hike and I cycle. But you have the most wonderful hiking views and landscapes to enjoy.

Shashi Nayagam said...

He looks wonderful. I like the way you create your armature.