Back in November I started sewing a Victorian style Gown for a doll I've been working on. I usually do a mock up in muslin but I decided to use a cotton print fabric. One day I hope to start with a sketch.
The bodice is lined and the sleeves are being set in. I still find it difficult to sew an "applied costume". The applied costume cuts down on bulk, but I enjoy sewing "proper garments" that are fully lined.
Here's a sneak peek at the doll I'm costuming. These are the mock-up garments. I will be sewing her a bustle and possible train which I've never sewn before. There are many adjustments that need to be made but for her first fitting....not too bad. I'm also working on a masquerade mask.
|Victorian Doll Gown WIP by Bethann Scott|