Wednesday, January 28, 2015

VICTORIAN MASQUERADE DOLL ~BETHANN SCOTT~ The Stitch Fiddler

Her gown is made using silk and the contrast (darker green) is dupioni silk. The bustle and train are detachable.  Her underpinnings are white satin split drawers, stockings and leather slipper shoes. Under her gown she is wearing a minty green petticoat. I added more ruffles.
Masquerade Art Doll by Bethann Scott The Stitch Fiddler ©2015

Victorian Masquerade Ball Art Doll by Bethann Scott ©2015

 I wasn't sure how I was going to style her hair and found myself watching "Gibson Girl" up-dos. With dolls one has to become a costume designer, make-up artist, and hair stylist.

4 comments:

Sherri Farley said...

Wow, I didn't expect the masquerade mask! You have outdone yourself with this lovely lady. I have enjoyed watching her progress. Love the undies!

Mary Ann Tate said...

She's fabulous!!!!

Hill Top Post said...

Oh my! The completion of this beautiful lady must be one of your crowning moments! She is perfect from her stylish Gibson Girl hair to the tip of her lovely silk train. And the masquerade mask is such a nice surprise.

Shashi Nayagam said...

Wow she is gorgeous!