Friday, June 9, 2017

Sketching TIme

The garden flowers are planted, bushes are trimmed and it's time to relax and do a little sketching. I don't practice as often as I should and was amazed that my last sketch was six months ago. I have a longing to learn pencil drawing techniques and will need to purchase a good "how to" book. Meanwhile, I subscribe to a few you-tube sites to help with instruction. I prefer to draw using the observation method. I don't like using grids, measurements or tracing. Here's what I've been sketching:

I followed an online you-tube tutorial to draw the frog.
Pencil Drawing by Bethann Scott ©2017

But my real passion is just to observe the subject, like this little girl, and sketch what I see. And this is what I did. Just look at a photo and draw. It's just a start...maybe if I practice a little each day, my drawings will improve. I hope not to wait another six months.
Pencil Drawing in progress by Bethann Scott TheStitch Fiddler ©2017

Child Pencil Drawing by Bethann Scott ©2017


3 comments:

Jan Conwell said...

When I'm getting ready to purchase a book (non fiction) I go to the library, and check out lots in the same topic. Some of them are no good--out of date, poorly written, etc. But often I'll find one I want in my library, and discover a new author to keep note of. Love your sketching!

Sherri Farley said...

Wow, your drawings are amazing. You are so talented and it shows in you wonderful creations!

Shashi Nayagam said...

Beautiful sketches. Love the frog especially