Sunday, July 2, 2017

THE BIG BAD WOLF

I drew a sketch of the wolf to get the bone structure for the wire armature, which I think is the easier part. Next I had to decide how I was going to build up the body. What medium would I use? 

After much thought, I chose to needle felt the body to the armature using black wool. I've only needle felted a couple of times. Here's a look at my attempt to Needle Felt a black wolf.

After several layers of Needle Felting black wool:  There is still much work to be done, but it's a start.
Needle Felt Wolf WIP by Bethann Scott "The Stitch Fiddler" ©2017


And a sketch I did last month.
Wolf Pencil Drawing by Bethann Scott ©2017




5 comments:

Jan Conwell said...

He is extremely cool and wolfish. :~) Well done!

Sherri Farley said...

He is going to be awesome! Will he be ferocious or gentle? Can't wait to see!

Hill Top Post said...

Wow! I'm going to love Black Wolf...No matter if he be ferocious or gentle! :~)

Shashi Nayagam said...

The wolf is amazing

Daryle and Katie... kindred spirits said...

"Big"... "Bad"...(not so much) and Beautiful! Can't wait to see this guy when he's finished!