Tuesday, January 2, 2018

SEWING DOLL CLOTHES FOR LA BEFANA DOLL ~The Stitch Fiddler ~ Bethann Scott

 La Befana will be the first doll for the New Year 2018. Unfortunately, she won't be ready in time for Epiphany Eve. She's going to be a tad late this year since Epiphany is January 5th.
  My plans are to have the bodice lace up the front which means adjusting the pattern. 

Using the drape method to make a front bodice block.
Bodice WIP by Bethann Scott "The Stitch Fiddler" ©2018

  First mock-up using the front and back bodice pattern.










Bodice WIP by Bethann Scott "The Stitch Fiddler" ©2018

I hope 2018 brings many exciting moments for all my Blogger friends. 
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018!

4 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

I find your drape method quite interesting and wonder if I might not give it a try...must surely be better than guess, test, and revise a zillion times. I know La Befana will be dressed oh-so-fine! What a great way to kick off 2018!

Connie said...

Oh my goodness, your work is amazing! You probably hear that so often that you get hired of hearing it, but what else can we say? I so admire your ability to capture so much charterer in your creations, absolutely perfect. I found you on Chip Butter White Oak and I'm so glad that I did. Your blog rocks!
I am celebrating 6 years of blogging with a Give-A-Way, please come visit and join in on the fun:)
Your newest follower,
Connie

The Stitch Fiddler Bethann Scott said...

Once you learn the drape method it really does cut down on revising.

The Stitch Fiddler Bethann Scott said...

Hi Connie glad you found me and thank-you for your gracious comment about my work. Congratulations on your six years of blogging and I'll be sure to visit your blog. Take care.