Friday, December 7, 2018

A Christmas Angel

It was nice to make an Angel for Christmas using a purchased pattern. I bought the pattern a few years ago from Arley Berryhill, entitled "Hark, the Angel" and set it aside. As I was organizing my studio I found her tucked away in a Christmas binder. So glad I found the pattern and took the time to make her. 

I used cotton for the body and did a cloth overlay before adding color to the face. First time making a doll with closed eyes. I enjoyed selecting the fabrics from satin, chiffon,  and silk in golds and red.
 

Dupioni silk was chosen for her wings. The wing pattern is nicely quilted.



Though there was no bloomer pattern, I made her a pair. Somewhat a shame they won't be seen.






 She wears a red glitter satin turban that is embellished with fancy trims.



All dressed and ready to play the brass French Horn for the great announcement.