Friday, October 6, 2017

Red Riding Hood: a work in progress

  Though I love the outdoors, I'm glad to be inside sewing again. Yesterday and today was spent making her wig using Tibetan lamb's wool. I purchase the wool on the hide, clip off in tiny pieces and then glue onto a wig cap that is fitted specifically for her head size. This process takes about 7-8 hours to complete. I love the results so I figure it's worth the time.

The dress she's wearing is just temporary until I decide on her costume. My plans are to make a chemise, a fitted dress and of course, a red cape.

Red Riding Hood is a work in progress

 I used Tibetan lamb's wool for her wig making.
Doll Hair WIP by Bethann Scott ~The Stitch Fiddler ~ ©2017

 This is what I've accomplished so far. 
Red Riding Hood and Wolf Doll In Progress by Bethann Scott ©2017 The Stitch Fiddler


5 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

I love this doll! Her face is wonderful!!

Sherri Farley said...

Bethann, she's going to be amazing!

Shashi Nayagam said...

Bethann she I.S gorgeous!

R's Rue said...

Love.

The Stitch Fiddler Bethann Scott said...

Thank-you ladies for your wonderful comments about my Red Riding Hood doll.