Monday, August 18, 2014

CLOTH AND CLAY SQUIRREL DOLL

WHAT HAPPENED WITH THOSE SQUIRRELS?

They're still a work in progress. I dressed the male squirrel in a white linen shirt, a lined silk jacket, breeches, and brown suede stocking shoes. But my husband said the jacket looked like a dress.  So off came the jacket and I made another in a wool plaid but I'm still not satisfied. I removed all his clothing except for the shirt which brings me back to square one with costuming this couple.


Squirrel  WIP by Bethann Scott The Stitch Fiddler ©2014
Squirrel Art Doll WIP by Bethann Scott ©2014

4 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Maybe he needs a velvet jacket. Anyway he's looking pretty fabulous:)

Shashi Nayagam said...

They are looking wonderful. I an sure whatever cloths you put on the other one will be fabulous. I can't wait to see the dragonfly wings. Where is this class as I would love to take it too. Is it an online class?

The Stitch Fiddler Bethann Scott said...

Hi Mary Ann, I velvet jacket would look great!

The Stitch Fiddler Bethann Scott said...

Thank-you Shashi for your kind words. Hopefully these squirrels will have clothing soon.

The dragonfly wing class is great and I know you would love it. It's still in stock but not for long so you may need to hurry over to "A For Artistic" and purchase the class.

Here is the link: http://www.aforartistic.com/classes/open-classes/creating-dragonfly-wings-with-deb-wood.html